Posted on 19th July 2023 by Harry
Lauryn Isford is the Head of Product Growth at Notion, managing Notion’s product-led growth engine and self-serve business. Before Notion, she led growth at Airtable, and previously worked on growth teams including Meta, Dropbox, and Blue Bottle Coffee. Lauryn is an active angel investor and advisor supporting companies building product-led go-to-market motions.
In Today’s Episode with Lauryn Isford:
1. From Blue Bottle to Airtable and Notion:
- How did Lauryn first make her way into the world of product and growth?
- What are 1-2 of her biggest takeaways from Dropbox, Facebook and Blue Bottle?
- What does Lauryn know now that she wishes she had known when she started?
2. What is Growth: 101:
- How does Lauryn define growth? What is it not?
- When is the right time to make your first growth hire?
- What profile should your first hire in growth be?
- What are the single biggest mistakes founders make when hiring growth teams?
3. Mastering the Onboarding Experience:
- What are the core elements of a successful onboarding experience?
- How important is time to value in onboarding today?
- What are the biggest mistakes product teams make in company onboarding?
- What is the most effective onboarding technique and workflow in PLG today?
- Why are 90% of current onboarding’s done badly?
4. Making Growth work with the Rest of the Org:
- What are the single biggest barriers to growth and product working together well?
- What can leaders do to make their growth teams work well with product teams?
- How can growth teams experiment and test with product without messing up codebases?